Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Pleated Dress







Hello everyone!  I'm so sorry it has been an unforgivable amount of time since my last post but things have been a little bit hectic on my end with job and graduate school applications.  I was just interviewed by the New York Times college blog - check it out here!  Thanks to Lily for a great interview!

Mulberry is a brand that is iconic in England but still a little bit under-appreciated stateside.  While predominately known for bags and shoes, I love their ready to wear collections.  Romantic silhouettes and feminine frills make for an irresistible combination.  This pleated dress is fantastically flattering for several reasons.  The most important reason being the size of the pleats.  When you are choosing a pleated dress, choose pleats that are smaller.  Smaller pleats are infinitely more flattering because they lengthen the figure.     In addition, choose pleats with lots of movement to avoid looking stiff.  I paired this mustard colored dress with a navy blazer to break up the color and voilà-  an outfit was born.  Thank you to my gorgeous, talented friend Bianca Rutigliano for taking the pictures.

-Coco Curvy

Dress: Mulberry
Blazer: Vintage Chanel from Gabrielle Geppert (one of my favorite vintage spots in Paris)
Necklace: Marni
Shoes: Yves Saint Laurent
Sunglasses: Stella McCartney

4 comments:

  1. so glad you are back! love the look...but how did you do your hair? it looks amaze!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU ARE GORGEOUS!!! I love your style and I am so glad I found your blog!!!!

    Bekah-Matters of Merrymaking

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why have I not seen your blog before! I love your style! Especially how you're wearing high-end pieces, goes to show that plus size ladies can rock anything they want! x

    Christiana

    www.lifeofouk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete